Howell Tankless Water Heaters
Tankless Water Heater Installation & Repair in Livingston County
The experienced technicians at Kearns Mechanical are here to solve any water heater problem and restore your hot water. If you want a continuous supply of hot water on demand, you may want to consider upgrading to a tankless water heater. We offer installation and repair services for tankless water heaters in Howell and Livingston County.
Advantages of Tankless Water Heaters
Whether you turn on the hot water for a shower, washing dishes, or doing laundry, the last thing you want is cold water coming from the faucet. When your existing water heater dies, you have the option of replacing it with a standard tank water heater or a tankless model. Tankless water heaters are becoming increasingly popular for a few reasons.
Reasons to consider a tankless water heater include:
- Instant hot water – The water is heated immediately when you turn on the faucet, so you won’t be waiting for the water to get warm.
- An endless supply of hot water – Since you are not limited to the amount of water that can be held in a storage tank, you won’t have to worry about running out of hot water in the middle of a shower.
- Better energy efficiency – Tankless water heaters don’t expend energy keeping the water hot inside a tank. You will notice a big difference in energy usage when you switch to a tankless unit.
- Smaller size – A tankless water heater is much smaller than a tank model and can be installed on the wall. This is helpful for homes with limited space for a large tank.
- Longer equipment life – The lifespan of a tankless water heater is about twice as long as a standard model.
If you are interested in learning more about tankless water heaters, call (517) 500-5387 today!
Unlike standard models, tankless water heaters do not have a storage tank. They heat the water instantly when you turn on a faucet or appliance. Electric models use heating elements to generate hot water. Gas models use burners to heat the water. When you turn off the hot water, the water heater shuts down so no energy is wasted keeping the water hot in a tank.
Although there is no storage tank, the size of the water heater is still important to be sure you have enough hot water when you need it. The size of the tankless water heater can be determined based on your flow rate and temperature rise. The flow rate is the amount of hot water you may need at one time, such as for using the shower and kitchen sink at the same time. The temperature rise is the difference between the ground water temperature and the desired temperature. An experienced technician can perform these calculations and help you compare Howell tankless water heaters.
A tankless water heater will need fewer repairs than a standard tank water heater. However, anything mechanical can run into trouble and need periodic repairs. If you notice that your water heater isn’t producing enough hot water, call for repair from a qualified technician.
Call for an Estimate
At Kearns Mechanical, we offer free estimates for tankless water heaters in Howell. Our technicians can calculate your family’s hot water demand and help you compare units that are the right size for meeting your hot water needs. If you are having a problem with your existing unit, we offer prompt repair services for all major brands and models.
Contact us today at (517) 500-5387 for tankless water heater installation or repair.